RE: what is purify

From: Mark J. Bobak <mark_at_bobak.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:58:26 -0800

Also, on unix, to see what dynamic libraries an executable depends on, you can do:

ldd <executable_name>

and you'll see the list of shared libraries this executable is dependent on.

-Mark

PS ldd=list dynamic dependencies, so it does nothing to tell you what static libraries an executable is linked against. On Fri, 2002-10-25 at 15:33, DENNIS WILLIAMS wrote:
> One thought if you are on Unix would to be to use the Unix command "strings"
> to search the different libraries and binaries for variations of the word
> "purify". Look at the line Oracle pointed out to you for anything else that
> you could search for. You can find a surprising amount of information from
> supposedly unreadable binaries.
>
> Dennis Williams
> DBA, 40%OCP
> Lifetouch, Inc.
> dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Mark J. Bobak
Oracle DBA
mark_at_bobak.net
"It is not enough to have a good mind.  The main thing is to use it
well."
 						-- Rene Descartes
Author: Mark J. Bobak
  INET: mark_at_bobak.net