RE: oracle apps documentation

From: John Kanagaraj <john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 16:18:32 -0800

Oramagic,

Please be aware that there are 'Functional' and 'Technical' aspects in Apps. Both require some sort of Business knowledge, much more so with the Functional side. The DBA side of Apps, however, does not specifically require this knowledge. If you want to approach this from a Developer's standpoint, the AOL (Applications Object Layer) of FND as it is better known is a good starting point. Be aware that you can quickly get deluged in documentation - the 'Release Control Documentation' which is a Functional/Technical _overview_ of a release is 190 pages.

You could also join IOUG and look up my article on Apps from a non-Apps perspective, plus obtain all the other goodies at IOUG along with it. John Kanagaraj
Oracle Applications DBA
DBSoft Inc
(W): 408-970-7002

What would you see if you were allowed to look back at your life at the end of your journey in this earth?

Author: John Kanagaraj
  INET: john.kanagaraj_at_hds.com