RE: Installing iAS 9.0.2.0.1

From: Gary Weber <gweber_at_charlesjones.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 12:09:10 -0800

Gene,

Installed and running all (really!) components on Red Hat, HPUX, and Windows. 9.0.2 is better then 9.0.1, in part because it mostly works out of the box. Get ready to troubleshoot various individual components after initial installation. Wait, you will likely be performing two installations: one for Infrastructure and another for the mid-tier, Business Intelligence, that's the part that includes Forms and Reports, among other things. Forms Server should work out of the box. Reports server likely will not. "Retry" during configuration wizard may do the trick. Another show stopper - after infrastructure install, OID (Oracle Internet Directory) will listen on port 4032, yet the OID client will by default attempt to connect to port 389 - cost me few hours of frustration. Having gone through this workout few times in recent past, details are still fresh in memory. Please feel free to contact me offline for specifics.

Gary Weber
Senior DBA
Charles Jones, LLC||Superior Information Services, LLC 609-538-1000, ext 5529

Author: Gene Sais
  INET: Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us