RE: LOCALLY MANAGED TABLESPACE

From: Gary Weber <gweber_at_charlesjones.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:59:03 -0800

RE: LOCALLY MANAGED TABLESPACEPardon the ignorance, I'm simply trying to understand... What is meant by "management" in this context? I'm can't imagine a circumstance under which ANY business manager would have a say on what goes on in the black box called Oracle. Downtime? Cost of hardware/software? Vendor selection? I can see the input on those issues. But, all the way down to extent management?? Or am I simply lucky to not have that level of bureaucracy?

Gary Weber
Senior DBA
Charles Jones, LLC||Superior Information Services, LLC

Author: Gary Weber
  INET: gweber_at_charlesjones.com

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Oct 25 2002 - 10:59:03 CDT