RE: Error ORA-12638 Credential Retrieval Failed During DB Creatio

From: Kevin Lange <kgel_at_ppoone.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:53:36 -0800

Moses;

  You can get this patch by ftp'ing to updates.oracle.com. I already did and saw that it was there.

Log in with your Metalink User ID and Password

Then CD to the patch number. You can not list the patches , nothing shows up. Just CD to the number and then ls to see the patch.

I did this and got the following :

ftp> open updates.oracle.com
Connected to ap103aru.oracle.com.
220 FTP server ready.
User (ap103aru.oracle.com:(none)): xxxxx 331 Username OK, please send password.
Password:

230-
230-           Welcome to the Oracle Patch Download FTP Server
230-
230- Access
230- ------
230- Access to this system is limited to authorized users of Oracle
230- Metalink.  Unauthorized access to or use of this system is prohibited
230- and may subject you to civil and criminal prosecution.  Use of this
230- system may be monitored for the purpose of maintaining system
230- security, and system information may be accessed or disclosed under
230- limited circumstances.
230-
230- All transmissions of Oracle software, documentation, source code,
230- technical data or technology must comply with Oracle's Export
230- Compliance Corporate Policy.  For more information, refer to Oracle's
230- Internal Export Control & Compliance Manual or contact your division's
230- Export Control Officer.
230-
230- Usage
230- -----
230- To download a patch, you must know the patch number. At any time you
230- can "cd <patch number>" and then "ls" to find a listing of patches
230- with that number. Enter "quote site help" to get this welcome banner
230- and additional helpful instructions.
230-
230- Caveats
230- -------
230- - You may not list files or directories from the root directory.
230- - You must select binary transfers for this service to work.
230
ftp> cd 1522966
250 Changed directory OK.
ftp> ls
200 PORT command OK.
150 Opening data connection for file listing. p1522966_8170_WINNT.zip
226 Listing complete. Data connection has been closed. ftp: 25 bytes received in 0.00Seconds 25000.00Kbytes/sec. ftp>
Author: Deshpande, Kirti
  INET: kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com

Author: Kevin Lange
  INET: kgel_at_ppoone.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Oct 25 2002 - 10:53:36 CDT