RE: System Tablespace and Autoextend

From: Freeman, Robert <Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:26:23 -0800

I run my SYSTEM tablesaces in autoextend, and have for some time. I run them that way from the point of database creation and have never had a problem. There were some problems with autoextend in earlier versions of 8 (and I think they managed to migrate to early 8i versions as well) with 2GB boundaries, but those have all been corrected.

RF

Robert G. Freeman - Oracle OCP
Oracle Database Architect
CSX Midtier Database Administration
Author of several Oracle books you can find on Amazon.com!

Author: Sam Bootsma
  INET: SamB_at_cpas.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

Author: Freeman, Robert
  INET: Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 24 2002 - 16:26:23 CDT