RE: Table & Index sizing utility

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:11:23 -0800

Rick - I'm sure there are a lot of good sizing programs around. And hey, awhile back I was just as anal as everyone else, struggling to estimate everything to the last K. I've got another idea for you to consider. If you switch to LMTs and autoextend, then you don't need to spend nearly as much time fussing with this.

        As to data sizes, the SQL manual mentions this with each data type. If you are uncertain about a specific datatype, reply.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 24 2002 - 16:11:23 CDT