ORA-01008:not all variables bound

From: <PK_Deepa/VGIL_at_vguard.satyam.net.in>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2002 04:49:30 -0800

While executing the following database trigger (update) we are getting the following error message
"ORA-01008:not all variables bound". We are working on Oracle 8.0.3

We have written this trigger to get the column name,old and new values of fields of a table (locmast) while updating. We do not want to hard code the field names ,so that in future if a new field is added we need not have
to alter the trigger.

declare

     v_rowid   varchar2(50);
          cursor cur_loc  is select column_name from all_tab_columns where
table_name='LOCMAST';
     v_val          varchar2(120);
     cur_id         number;
     v_rec_id  number;

begin
cur_id:=dbms_sql.open_cursor;
for rec_loc in cur_loc loop

        dbms_sql.parse(cur_id, 'select :old.'||rec_loc.column_name||' from dual' ,dbms_sql.native);

      dbms_sql.define_column_char(cur_id,1,v_val,120);
      v_rec_id := dbms_sql.execute_and_fetch(cur_id);
      dbms_sql.column_value_char(cur_id,1,v_val);
end loop;
end;

Thanks
Deepa

  INET: PK_Deepa/VGIL_at_vguard.satyam.net.in

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 24 2002 - 07:49:30 CDT