RE: Opinions on B&R scenarios

From: <Rajesh.Rao_at_jpmchase.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 13:44:45 -0800

Dan,

What you intend to say is that if the database crashed at say 2:15:30, you can do an incomplete recovery upto say 2:10:30, right? Why cant I do a complete recovery ? or what stops me from doing an incomplete recovery until 2:15:25?

Raj

                    "Fink, Dan"
                    <Dan.Fink_at_mdx        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
                    .com>                cc:
                    Sent by:             Subject:     RE: Opinions on B&R scenarios
                    root_at_fatcity.
                    com

                    October 23,
                    2002 04:09 PM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    ORACLE-L

No, I mean an incomplete recovery. In this case it is a time-based incomplete recovery.