RE: Windows 2000 / Oracle 8.0.6 compatibility?

From: Boivin, Patrice J <BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 07:03:46 -0800

iAS 1.0.2.2. comes with 806 Developer Server components built in and an 806_home, that is certified against Windows2000 SP1.

Sometimes "certified" means those were the versions available at the time Oracle tested its products.

They do not always test every new version against older OS configurations, to save time.

Regards,
Patrice Boivin
Systems Analyst (Oracle Certified DBA)

Systems Admin & Operations | Admin. et Exploit. des systèmes
Technology Services        | Services technologiques
Informatics Branch         | Direction de l'informatique
Maritimes Region, DFO      | Région des Maritimes, MPO

Author: Paul Vincent
  INET: Paul.Vincent_at_uce.ac.uk

Author: Boivin, Patrice J
  INET: BoivinP_at_mar.dfo-mpo.gc.ca
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 22 2002 - 10:03:46 CDT