Can 9iAS Rel2 still do SSLv2 40bit encryption?

From: Ben <poelsb_at_post.queensu.ca>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 09:28:50 -0800

Hi

We have 9iAS Rel.1 running 40-bit and 128-bit encryption. We are migrating to Release2 and I am wondering if it will still allow 40-bit. The security guide says:

Clients can only connect with one of the specified protocols:

SSLv3 - SSL version 3.0

or

All - SSL version 3.0 and any other version supported by Oracle products.

What do they mean by any other version supported? Are they just leaving the door open for SSLv4?

Ben

Author: Ben
  INET: poelsb_at_post.queensu.ca

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Oct 21 2002 - 12:28:50 CDT