Re: services on windows?????

From: Yechiel Adar <adar76_at_inter.net.il>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 07:08:39 -0800

If you stop the service you perform shutdown abort which is not recommended for cold backup.

Yechiel Adar
Mehish

  Joe,

  You can stop the services, which should shutdown the database (for cold backup).

  But, that's not the only option. You can leave services running, and just shutdown the database (using svrmgrl, or sqlplus), and then do the cold backup.

  Igor Neyman, OCP DBA
  ineyman_at_perceptron.com

    My partner sent me a question about services on windows.

    when doing a cold backup is it necessary to shutdown the windows services?, I have no idea as I've not had the nightmare of dealing with oracle on windoze.

    joe

Author: Yechiel Adar
  INET: adar76_at_inter.net.il

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Oct 21 2002 - 10:08:39 CDT