RE: Specify Rollback for an Export

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 11:38:50 -0800

Erik - Here is another thought for you. If the table you are exporting is that large, how long will it take you to import it somewhere? Import can be several times longer than export, since it is doing inserts rather than just a query. Tables that take hours to export can take days to import. What is your goal with this export? One thought is to break the export into several files by exporting based on a SQL statement. Then you can either just export the data you need or if you need it all, on a multi-CPU system you can run several import jobs at the same time.

Dennis Williams
DBA, 40%OCP
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Erik Williams
  INET: ewilliams_at_brownco.com

Author: Erik Williams
  INET: ewilliams_at_brownco.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 14:38:50 CDT