Re:Resource Management

From: <dgoulet_at_vicr.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:54:21 -0800

Kirti,

    I've toyed with the product due to a perceived need here. The experiment was to have two users loggin to the database both running very nasty queries (we have the GOD of obfuscated SQL here). On the first pass, with no resource management in place both queries ran successfully in 30 minutes but boy did the server take a hit (4 processors with < 10% idle across them). On the second pass we put resource management in place for one user really clamping down on it. The first user's query completed in 10 minutes where as the second user took 45 minutes to complete and the server didn't even break a sweat (one processor was 100% idle throughout). I'd like to do more with it, but PeopleSoft does things in a way the precludes resource manager from being effective.

Dick Goulet

Author: "Deshpande; Kirti" <kirti.deshpande_at_verizon.com>
Date:       10/18/2002 8:00 AM

Hello Listers,

Anyone using Oracle's Database Resource Manager? Does it really work as outlined in the Docs? Care to share your experience?

Thanks,

  INET: dgoulet_at_vicr.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Oct 18 2002 - 11:54:21 CDT