Re: Please help, comment required urgently

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 08:19:08 -0800

To give credit where credit is due...

I've never bothered to learn how to interpret a STATSPACK report; I've left that with what little I ever knew about interpreting a BSTAT/ESTAT report. Rather, I just send the report to the YAPP report post-processor at www.oraperf.com and it formats everything in such a way that things just jump out at you. It is quite instructive to de-construct the resulting YAPP report back to the original STATSPACK and BSTAT/ESTAT report (and thence further back to the originating V$ views).

Big-time kudos to Anjo and friends for creating and maintaining this invaluable resource!!!

> Thanks for your contributions on this Tim (and on everything else you
> respond to).
> These little tips of how to analyze statspack reports properly all add up
> and whilst I did look at the report and I did glean some of you what
> suggested I certainly did not pick up all that you spotted
>
> John

My

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com