Re: admin_restrictions_listener

From: Tim Gorman <Tim_at_SageLogix.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 12:10:38 -0800

Not true.

I'm talking about accessing the TNS Listener process from a "lsnrctl" executable on another machine entirely (i.e. my laptop, for example). Changing the file permissions on the "tnslsnr" executable on the server won't prevent commands (like STOP) received over the network...

Passwording the TNS Listener is the only protection for that...

Author: Tim Gorman
  INET: Tim_at_SageLogix.com