ORA-03113 solved .....

From: Johnson, Michael <Michael.Johnson_at_oln-afmc.af.mil>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2002 08:54:11 -0800

After several tests on different machines we found that it was not a version problem, but a environment problem. What happened is that one of our DBAs had created a Unix alias to bring the instance up in her profile
and that did not set up the environment
properly even though the database came
up the last time she bounced the database.

Specifically, the LD_LIBRARY_PATH was
environment variable was SYS$HOSED as we used to say in the VAX world.

The fix is to make sure you bring up the Oracle Instance under the Oracle account. We bounced the instance in the middle of the night and everything is fine now.

Author: Johnson, Michael
  INET: Michael.Johnson_at_oln-afmc.af.mil

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 17 2002 - 11:54:11 CDT