RE: Access with ACCESS

From: Babette Turner-Underwood <babette_at_rogers.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 21:48:26 -0800

They might drop it, but then you could have a DBMS-JOB that checks for this view in each schema and if it doesn't exist, re-creates it for them... saves having to remember doing it when creating new DEV schemas ...

In an attempt to see how tight we could make security we took this notion a step further and removed public access and ownership to ALL of the USER_, ALL_ and DBA_ views (in a separate test database of course). Worked surprisingly well. We are considering using this as part of our security strategy to lock down our database.

Author: Babette Turner-Underwood
  INET: babette_at_rogers.com