RE: Can I index this query? slightly OT-just InterMedia Text option

From: Inka Bezdziecka <IBezdziecka_at_cupe.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 09:53:50 -0800

Jesse,
since you o have such a good experience, could you please comment on the following: I have installed InterMedia Text (8.1.7 on Win2K sp.2) and 400MB has grown to 4.5 GB. There are 4 required indices, two for each table - on English and French version of varchar2(2000). Number of data base objects (user + ctxsys schemas) is 4 times larger. Search is perfect, inserts are using 100% CPU and killing the server.

What have I done wrong? Do you have any idea? By the way, I have read TFM.

TIA
inka

Author: Jesse, Rich
  INET: Rich.Jesse_at_qtiworld.com