RE: Kind of urgent database not autostarting after upgrade

From: Bishop Lewis <Lewis.Bishop_at_woolwich.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:25:28 -0800

Download the kill utility from www.sysinternals.com - that'll let you kill almost anything. I agree with previous posts in that you should try to kill off the services/shutdown the db, and remove them using ORADIM. If this doesn't remove the services then remove them using INSTSRV -REMOVE [1] from the resource kit (that will get rid of them), then recreate using ORADIM.

Make sure you use the correct ORADIM binaries (right version) for the removal and recreation of the services.

[1] Be aware though that once the services are gone, if you can't recreate them then you could be facing a more serious error than you currently have.

Lewis Bishop

---
Barclays Enable - ISS - E-NTRUST/Bexleyheath NT
Oracle Database Consultant
Watling Street, Bexleyheath, Kent, DA6 7RR (Mail Van R)
Phone : 020 8298 3418
Mobile: 07950 380857