Re: How to configure MD5 data encription in Oracle 8i

From: ora ak <ora_magic_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 08:10:04 -0800

why not use encryption outside the database and store encrypted string in database . We do it all the time , java application does the encrytion and authentication , db just stores the encrypted string . Just an idea .
I dont the answer of your original question :) Oramagic
 Suman S K <SumanK_at_mascotsystems.com> wrote:Hi Everybody,

Can anyone tell me how to use MD5 hashing algorithm in Oracle8I Or is there any built in package to encrypt the data in Oracle 8i.

I have created the Application user table there I am keeping user_Id and Password
for the application. How to hide the password column in the table ?

Thanks
Suman

DISCLAIMER: Information contained and transmitted by this E-MAIL is proprietary to Mascot Systems Limited and is intended for use only by the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If this is a forwarded message, the content of this E-MAIL may not have been sent with the authority of the Company. If you are not the intended recipient, an agent of the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering the information to the named recipient, you are notified that any use, distribution, transmission, printing, copying or dissemination of this information in any way or in any manner is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please delete this mail & notify us immediately at Mailadmin_at_mascotsystems.com Before opening attachments, please scan for viruses.

Author: Suman S K
INET: SumanK_at_mascotsystems.com

Do you Yahoo!?
Faith Hill - Exclusive Performances, Videos, & more faith.yahoo.com

Author: ora ak
  INET: ora_magic_at_yahoo.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 16 2002 - 11:10:04 CDT