Re:iSeries Production Database

From: Lyndon Tiu <ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 06:28:46 -0800

It is shocking to note that a lot of big shops use AS400 and RPG still. 650,000 units are in use IBM claims. It just boggles me why. Keeping legacy code alive perhaps since it's too expensive to migrate.

As for languages, Java is platform independent too. Actually, every language except VB is platform independent.

Author: Lyndon Tiu
  INET: ltiu_at_alumni.sfu.ca