local Bimap indexes

From: <sat0789_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2002 15:03:53 -0800

Hello All,
This problem pertains to local bitmap index in dw env.

We are using informatica to load our fact tables.

i have a fact table partitioned on period key (range partition). We have built local bitmap indexes on the foreign keys. During the loading of the fact table for month 1, we are making the local bitmap index partition pertaining to month 1 as UNUSABLE (through stored procedure being called at just before the target is being loaded). In that same procedure we also set ALTER SESSION SET SKIP_UNUSABLE_INDEXES = TRUE. Once informatica starts to load the target, it opens up a new session which in turn invalidates the alter session and hence oracle terminates with an error saying "0ra-1052 index in unusable state"
Please let me know if there is any workaround to this. Is droping and recreating the bitmap index the ONLY option ???. this fact table is going to grow to about 150 mill rows in 12 month time frame , avg row length being 100 bytes)

oracle ver 9.2.,

TIA, sathish.

--

http://fastmail.fm - The way an email service should be

  INET: sat0789_at_fastmail.fm

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Mon Oct 14 2002 - 18:03:53 CDT