RE: Making a tablespace read-only - identifying blocking tx

From: Fink, Dan <Dan.Fink_at_mdx.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 10:14:20 -0800

First, I ommitted the ;) when replying to Rachel's post. I was just funnin...

Second, in this case TTS will not work. While we can 99.99% guarantee that there will be no tx against the tablespace, there will be active tx in the database and we cannot guarantee that they will not cause the RO command to wait.

Interestingly, it is possible to offline the tablespace while there are active tx (even against objects in the ts). If you can offline and then online with active tx, why not alter it to RO? Perhaps, once again, I am missing the obvious.

Dan

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: wisernet100_at_yahoo.com

Author: Fink, Dan