Re: CodeNotes for Oracle9i...

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 16:53:32 -0800

I believe the Book Safari is changing. It is supposed to be more flexible now.

http://www.oreilly.com/news/new_safari_0902.html

Jared

"Grabowy, Chris" <cgrabowy_at_fcg.com>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 10/08/2002 01:04 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        CodeNotes for Oracle9i...

So every few months my Lookout reminder pops up to remind me to check out what new Oracle books have been released. I stumbled upon a new book called CodeNotes for Oracle9i on Amazon.com, but the interesting part is that it is available in eBook format. Here's the (probably broken) link...

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00006ISCN/qid=1034101493/sr=1-25/ref=sr_1_25/104-5919725-7522346?v=glance

The eBook version is $9.95 and the shipping is free (big grin), while the paperback is $13.97 plus shipping. Are you comfortable reading an eBook? You decide.

At any rate, I will probably break down and buy the eBook. Not so much because the book is great (or not) but because I hope to send a message to publishers to publish more books in the eBook format, which is also why I posted this message.

I know that O'Reilly has the Safari Bookshelf website, but I found it to be restrictive and pricey.

BTW, if for some reason you are or will be using .Net, the CodeNotes eBook version is free...

http://www.codenotes.com/do/downloads/downloadsNETbook

Author: Grabowy, Chris
  INET: cgrabowy_at_fcg.com

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 10 2002 - 19:53:32 CDT