RE: CPU WAIT I/O statistic

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 13:58:50 -0800

Pablo - Another idea. Enter "man sar" at your command line. Here is the paragraph from the Solaris manual. Hope this helps.

     -u Report CPU utilization (the default):

           %usr, %sys, %wio, %idle
                 portion of time running in user mode, running in
                 system  mode, idle with some process waiting for
                 block I/O, and otherwise idle.

In answer to your question, and I'm going beyond my knowledge and more guessing:

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com