RE: DROP DEVELOPER not working - 10046 trace

From: Fink, Dan <Dan.Fink_at_mdx.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 12:41:27 -0800

Raj,

        This reminds me of a similar situation I encountered several years ago, perhaps there will be something in it that will help...

        A 3rd party app was periodically committing only 2 of 3 changes that were required. The most likely explanation of the problem was that there was an unhandled exception and the app was issuing a commit regardless. This turned out to be the case. This also would explain your situation where the app fails, but the same command run manually works.

        If the debug mode of the app failed to reveal any new info, I was going to turn on events to dump out an error stack in case of an error on inserts. We put together a list of probable errors on an insert (privs, bad data, unable to extend, etc.) and could have placed these events in the init.ora. The syntax is "event = <error> trace name errorstack level 3" where error is the error number (1555 for Snapshot too old).

Dan

Author: Fink, Dan
  INET: Dan.Fink_at_mdx.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 10 2002 - 15:41:27 CDT