RE: Oracle9i upgrade exam - Recommended books/material?

From: Freeman, Robert <Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 10:28:19 -0800

May I offer my Oracle9i New Features book as one source of preparation. While it does not cover 100% of the 9i OCP objectives (nor was it intended too), I think you will find it a
good introductory guide to 9i and the new features you will need to know about.

I also agree with others here that the STS tests are quite good.

I'd take these two resources (and Daniels book really isn't as bad as part of an overall set of prep resources) and the Oracle documentation as my source material. Download the latest Oracle 9iNF test objectives available at education.oracle.com and prepare topic by topic as shown in the test objectives.

RF

Robert G. Freeman - Oracle OCP
Oracle Database Architect
CSX Midtier Database Administration
Author of several Oracle books you can find on Amazon.com!

Author: Kieran Murray
  INET: Kieran.Murray_at_CardBase.com

Author: Freeman, Robert
  INET: Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 10 2002 - 13:28:19 CDT