RE: ora-01115 after datafile autoexetend from 3.9 GB to 4.1 GB

From: Vergara, Michael (TEM) <mvergara_at_guidant.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 08:34:45 -0800

This is interesting. I had a vendor do an install on one of our NT servers, and they set the files to autoextend to 8GB. When I modified that limit down to 2GB (our company standard) they clouded up and rained all over me! They said there was no physical reason to limit the file size since it was on a RAID array blah blah blah.

I read the note and it talks about extending to a 4GB or 8GB boundary. Is that kinda like the speed of light...where some physicists have theorized that you can travel below the speed of light or above the speed of light, but not AT the speed of light? Gosh! Who knew?

Cheers,
Mike

Author: Vergara, Michael (TEM)
  INET: mvergara_at_guidant.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 10 2002 - 11:34:45 CDT