RE: Listener Problem

From: Peter Barnett <regdba_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 07:44:35 -0800

Unfortunately, our company is large enough that no one ever really has to admit to anything because it is simply too difficult to run down the perpetrators.

The listener did start. Some users could connect to the databases from one server but not another. We think it was related to an intrusion software install, but the back out of the install did not fix the problem. There was a giant meeting of everyone who might have any impact on the box and minutes after the meeting ended everything was working again. My guess is that someone in the meeting recognized a mistake and corrected it without saying anything. So, we will never know the true cause.

Pete Barnett
Lead Database Administrator
The Regence Group
pnbarne_at_regence.com