RE: RMAN and TSM

From: Adrian Roe <Adrian.Roe_at_telewest.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 10 Oct 2002 02:03:38 -0800

Ian,

You need TDP installed on all target nodes, however you don't need TDP installed on the node where the catalog resided. Also, you need only one tdpo.opt per node, but don't need one for the catalog ('cos TDP will not be installed there).

We have always used the default of "adsmorc" for TDPO_FS.

You can run RMAN from the target servers, I guess this is the usual approach for most folks. However, you can also run RMAN from a central server (so all backups are scheduled centrally) and connect to all targets over the wire via TNS.

Ade

Author: MacGregor, Ian A.
  INET: ian_at_SLAC.Stanford.EDU

Live Life in Broadband
www.telewest.co.uk

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Statements and opinions expressed in this e-mail may not represent those of the company. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the material from any computer.

Author: Adrian Roe
  INET: Adrian.Roe_at_telewest.co.uk

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 10 2002 - 05:03:38 CDT