RE: Advice needed on move to Sun 15K (losing spindles)

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 11:24:18 -0800

Jay - I share your concerns. Can you elaborate more on how heavily loaded the system is? Is it somewhat I/O bound? Basically you're saying that it would have a single RAID0 set? If you divided the disks differently to create 2 or 4 RAID sets, would there be enough room for your application? I've run Oracle systems with a single RAID set, but not with a significant load.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Miller, Jay
  INET: JayMiller_at_TDWaterhouse.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 09 2002 - 14:24:18 CDT