RE: sequence numbers

From: April Wells <awells_at_csedge.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Oct 2002 08:28:35 -0800

This was more of a defense question than anything....

I read the docs, but without knowing what volume we will be expecting, I don't want stuff being aged out either. I don't guess making the sequence_cache_entries double what I figure we will need will cause anything horrible... but It was put to me to try (without really TRYING) to determine what the ramifications were.

I'm really not so worried about gaps... more loosing the lost numbers. This will be a warehouse, and with the way things are being defined, I think we could run out if we load the way we anticipate with the way these are being built.

Some tables may not have any records loaded, or less than 100... but that may be client specific, too...

Do you get the feeling that business rules should have come somewhat earlier in the project???

=)

Thank you Thomas...

April Wells
Oracle DBA
Keep yourself well oiled with life, laughter, new ideas and action. Otherwise you will rust out. _Anonymous

Author: Thomas Day
  INET: tday6_at_csc.com

begin 666 InterScan_Disclaimer.txt

M5&AE(&EN9F]R;6%T:6]N(&-O;G1A:6YE9"!I;B!T:&ES(&4M;6%I;"!I<R!S
M=')I8W1L>2!C;VYF:61E;G1I86P_at_86YD(&9O<B!T:&4@:6YT96YD960@=7-E
M(&]F('1H92!A9&1R97-S964@;VYL>3L@:70@;6%Y(&%L<V\@8F4@;&5G86QL
M:7,@:&5R96)Y(&=I=F5N('1H870_at_86YY(&1I<V-L;W-U<F4L('5S92!O<B!C
M;W!Y:6YG(&]F('1H92!I;F9O<FUA=&EO;B!B>2!A;GEO;F4@;W1H97(@=&AA
M;B!T:&4@:6YT96YD960@<F5C:7!I96YT(&ES('!R;VAI8FET960_at_86YD(&UA
M>2!B92!I;&QE9V%L+B @268@>6]U(&AA=F4@<F5C96EV960@=&AI<R!M97-S M86=E(&EN(&5R<F]R+"!P;&5A<V4@;F]T:69Y('1H92!S96YD97(@:6UM961I M871E;'D_at_8GD@<F5T=7)N(&4M;6%I;"X*"D-O<G!O<F%T92!3>7-T96US+"!) M;F,N(&AA<R!T86ME;B!E=F5R>2!R96%S;VYA8FQE('!R96-A=71I;VX@=&\@
M96YS=7)E('1H870_at_86YY(&%T=&%C:&UE;G0@=&\@=&AI<R!E+6UA:6P@:&%S
M(&)E96X@<W=E<'0_at_9F]R('9I<G5S97,N("!792!A8V-E<'0@;F\@;&EA8FEL
M:71Y(&9O<B!A;GD_at_9&%M86=E('-U<W1A:6YE9"!A<R!A(')E<W5L="!O9B!S
M;V9T=V%R92!V:7)U<V5S(&%N9"!A9'9I<V4@>6]U(&-A<G)Y(&]U="!Y;W5R M(&]W;B!V:7)U<R!C:&5C:W,@8F5F;W)E(&]P96YI;F<@86YY(&%T=&%C:&UE +;G0N#0H-"@T*#0H
end

Author: April Wells
  INET: awells_at_csedge.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 09 2002 - 11:28:35 CDT