RE: Server Performance

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Tue, 08 Oct 2002 09:44:03 -0800

David - I don't see where anyone has posted a reply to your question, so I'll try to at least give you some feedback. Will both machines be running Unix? My gut feeling is that the HP can support many more users because it will have better I/O. For databases, I/O is a rather critical performance issue. The other thing to consider is whether either machine will ever be upgraded to unlimited Oracle licensing. In that case, the 2-cpu system would have 1/3 the license fee.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Tue Oct 08 2002 - 12:44:03 CDT