RE: DBMS_STATS.GATHER_DATABASE_STATS analyzes SYS and SYSTEM inde

From: Post, Ethan <Ethan.Post_at_ps.net>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 14:08:36 -0800

Arrgggg...

So anyway, I am thinking, hey it's high time I start using DBMS_STATS instead of my own procedure so I kick of the following (Oracle 8.1.7.4). After the first run I have SYS and SYSTEM stats on indexes and on other schemas with NO STATS it just ignored those tables even though you can see I have GATHER EMPTY below. So I kick it off again and guess what, it starts analyzing the tables it missed the first time, including SYS and SYSTEM. Guess I am going to use DBMS_STATS.GATHER_TABLE_STATS and be a bit more specific about what I get.

define estimate_percent=5

declare

begin

   dbms_stats.gather_database_stats(
      &estimate_percent,FALSE,'FOR ALL COLUMNS SIZE 1',
      NULL,'DEFAULT',TRUE,NULL,NULL,'GATHER STALE');

exception

   when others then

      dbms_output.put_line(dbms_utility.format_error_stack); end;

Ethan Post
perotdba (AIM), epost1 (Yahoo)

Author: Post, Ethan
  INET: Ethan.Post_at_ps.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Oct 04 2002 - 17:08:36 CDT