BACKUP database question

From: Ron Rogers <RROGERS_at_galottery.org>
Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 10:31:20 -0800

List,
 With all of the recent discussion and the forth coming books and the upgrade here to 8i I have a question.
Where do you build your RMAN repository database? If you build it in the same server as the one you are backing up then you risk the loss of everything in the event of a disk farm failure. If you created a separate server to hold the RMAN repository does it require a separate license for the oracle running on the server? We have a "clustered " environment with a disk farm and 2 Alpha boxes. One box will be Production and the other will be Development and they share the disk farm. If I use RMAN to backup the production box and keep it in the development database I still have all of my eggs in one disk farm. If I create a separate server on a Linux pc I need a license for the Oracle database on the pc.
What methods have you used at your work location and I do not care about your licensing agreements.
Ron
ROR mª¿ªm

Author: Ron Rogers
  INET: RROGERS_at_galottery.org

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Oct 04 2002 - 13:31:20 CDT