Re: Backups

From: Jared Still <jkstill_at_cybcon.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 21:38:20 -0800

OK, Gene, you asked for it. :)

The context of your message suggests that a hot backup is somehow more likely to be corrupted than a cold one.

I hate to resurrect an old flame war, but...

No, I take it back. I don't hate it a bit. ;)

There aren't many occasions that call for a cold backup.

I'm just curious what you believe a cold backup is buying you that a hot backup won't deliver.

Jared

Author: Jared Still
  INET: jkstill_at_cybcon.com