RE: rman fun :), nightmare and long

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 19:58:18 -0800

Joe - You da man. An impressive tour de force in working around RMAN. Was your last statement rhetorical? I think you answered that question - that you didn't have the right control file. Impressive that you were able to creatively work around the obvious limitation. This is the reason we test recovery scenarios, so that before the real disaster you've figured out that you need to back the control file up separately. Congratulations.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Thu Oct 03 2002 - 22:58:18 CDT