RE: Failed to archive log....

From: Steve McClure <smcclure_at_usscript.com>
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2002 09:23:33 -0800

When I see this happening at our site it simply means that ARCx is free to work and looking for something to archive. It grabs the oldest unarchived file, only to discover that ARCy is in the midst of recovering that same file....so it "fails". So the message is a bit misleading. This happens at our site when someone does a huge data load without telling me. We have an offsite standby database connected across a 512k DSL line. So if a sizable dataload occurs without me setting the standby archive destination to "defer", all our logs get tied up and we have 10 archivers simultaneously transmitting across the 512k pipe. So even if I am not made aware of a dataload, I find out about it soon enough.

Author: Mohammad Rafiq
  INET: rafiq9857_at_hotmail.com

Author: Steve McClure
  INET: smcclure_at_usscript.com