RE: Utl_file and OPENVMS

From: Vergara, Michael (TEM) <mvergara_at_guidant.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:28:21 -0800

I did it like the control_files entry:

utl_file_dir = (C:\TEMP,

                D:\OraNT\Archive)

...and it works just fine.

Cheers,
Mike

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, October 02, 2002 4:14 PM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

Gene,

> utl_file_dir = D:\directory name1
> utl_file_dir = D:\directory name2
> utl_file_dir = D:\directory name3

The multiple lines shown are actually the documented method for doing this.

The single line with comma delimited entries may also work, though I'm not sure about it.

Jared

"Gene Sais" <Gsais_at_co.palm-beach.fl.us>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 10/01/2002 11:25 AM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Utl_file and OPENVMS

i believe its

utl_file_dir=dir1,dir2,dir3,...

in your example, dir 3 would be the only valid dir.

hth,
gene

>>> SXBaswan_at_dcss.com 10/01/02 12:53PM >>> Make sure you have the directory name entry covered in INIT.ORA

e.g.

utl_file_dir = D:\directory name1
utl_file_dir = D:\directory name2
utl_file_dir = D:\directory name3

You need one entry per directory that you want to write to using UTL_FILE Package

Hope this helps

Regards

Shiva

Author: Ron Rogers