RE: urgent help: replication, shareplex

From: Aponte, Tony <AponteT_at_hsn.net>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2002 15:18:25 -0800

I suggest you take a peek at the waits for the Shareplex process on the source system. We found that the sp_ordr processes query the source tables via the rowid mined out of the redo stream. Sp_ocap also issues queries as well as perform DML on the Shareplex rowid map table.

I don't see how the single-row commits would have an impact on the replication. Shareplex doesn't wait for the source's commit before sending the update to the target so that activity remains the same. Upon encountering a commit in the redo stream, it then sends a message to the target so that it also does a commit. We do approximately 40 commits per second consisting of multiple DML operations and we don't any latency (when everything is working correctly.)

HTH
Tony Aponte

Author: Ji, Richard
  INET: Richard.Ji_at_MobileSpring.com

Author: Aponte, Tony
  INET: AponteT_at_hsn.net

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Oct 02 2002 - 18:18:25 CDT