RE: Does the case of an Oracle query statement affect query perfo

From: Mercadante, Thomas F <NDATFM_at_labor.state.ny.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2002 08:34:41 -0800

Rachel,

This is what I thought, but list members say differently.

I just tried a simple test:

Ran the following two queries:

select count(*) from tomsqltest;
SELECT COUNT(*) FROM TOMSQLTEST; and then:

select hash_value,executions,sql_text from v$sql where upper(sql_text) like '%TOMSQLTEST%' /
HASH_VALUE EXECUTIONS SQL_TEXT

---------- ---------- --------------------------------------------------
2930079574          3 select hash_value,executions,sql_text from v$sql w
                      here upper(sql_text) like '%TOMSQLTEST%'

 542760132          1 SELECT COUNT(*) FROM TOMSQLTEST
1802081865          1 select count(*) from tomsqltest

Looks like Raj is correct. Both statements are listed as separate and different entries in the v$sql area.

Learned something new today! I can go home and have a beer! Wooo-Hoooo!

Tom Mercadante
Oracle Certified Professional

Author: Rachel Carmichael
  INET: wisernet100_at_yahoo.com