Re: Procedural Consistency

From: <Jared.Still_at_radisys.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 10:03:25 -0800

Dan,

The default is for oracle to determine this by timestamp.

You may want to experiment with the REMOTE_DEPENDENCIES_MODE parameter.

This may not apply to your situation as I don't know if it applies to dependencies on
a local database as well.

e.g. ALTER SESSION SET REMOTE_DEPENDENCIES_MODE =

         {SIGNATURE | TIMESTAMP} It's in the Oracle 8i Application Developer's Guide.

Jared

"Fink, Dan" <Dan.Fink_at_mdx.com>
Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com
 09/24/2002 01:43 PM
 Please respond to ORACLE-L

        To:     Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com>
        cc:
        Subject:        Procedural Consistency

Okay, I know I'm being a little lazy on this one, but I'm very interested to hear the ideas/conjecture/proof. So away we go....

We recently encountered a bug in Oracle where a long running process attempted to execute a procedure that was within a package that had been recompiled since the process had first executed the procedure. This brings up the question as to whether the kernel requires that each time the process executes the procedure that the procedure is exactly the same as when the process first executed it. If so, how does the process keep track of the version of the procedure that it has previously executed?

Any input/thoughts are greatly appreciated...

Dan

  INET: Jared.Still_at_radisys.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Sep 27 2002 - 13:03:25 CDT