RE: [Fwd: [Fwd: RE: Forms 3.0 ; Oracle 8i/9i ; Patch 380665 ; HP-

From: Kurth, Michael J. <MJKurth_at_covhealth.org>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 06:28:22 -0800

I found that query-only applications seemed to run OK against 8.x.x databases,
but update applications encountered locking problems because of the expanded rowid.
(I think Forms 3.0 stores the rowids within the form and only stores part of the
expanded rowid).
I don't know how you could possibly run Forms 3.0 update applications against 8.x.x
or 9.x.x, but then again I am all converted from Forms 3.0 at this point and don't need to worry about it any more.

Author: Mandar A. Ghosalkar
  INET: mghosalk_at_byer.com

Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message. The information contained in this message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and their co-workers who are working on the same matter.

The recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing the information to any other party unless this disclosure has been authorized in advance.

If you are not intended recipient of this message or any agent responsible for delivery of the message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on the contents of this message is strictly prohibited. You should immediately destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply E-Mail.

Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet E-Mail for messages of this kind. Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official business of the firm shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it.

Author: Kurth, Michael J.
  INET: MJKurth_at_covhealth.org

/regards

Peter Gram

Mobil : +45 2527 7107
Fax : +45 4466 8856

Miracle A/S
Kratvej 2
2760 Måløv
http://miracleas.dk

--

/regards

Peter Gram

Mobil : +45 2527 7107
Fax : +45 4466 8856

Miracle A/S
Kratvej 2
2760 Måløv
http://miracleas.dk

Author: Kurth, Michael J.
  INET: MJKurth_at_covhealth.org

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Fri Sep 27 2002 - 09:28:22 CDT