Advanced Queues for dummies

From: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY) <Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 19:18:21 -0800

Hi,

We're investigating the use of Advanced Queues as a way of transferring information between OSI's PI and Oracle. The data will originate on the Oracle side and end up in PI.

We were thinking of using Oracle's Heterogeneous services and PI's ODBC driver, but ran into 2 phase commit errors (how do you tell a commit not be a 2-phase commit) and problems (ie not supported until 9iR2) with autonomous transactions and database links.

We're using Oracle 81714 (soon to be 81745) on Windows.

Having not used Advanced Queues before, I will look at the manuals, but is their a site or book on Advanced Queues for dummies (otherwise known as Intro to Advanced Queues in Oracle).

For those who use Advanced queues, one of our developers read that "Creating a queue table in a tablespace will disable that particular tablespace for point-in-time recovery".

-Do you normally put your AQ tables in a separate tablespace?

Any suggestions, links or books would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Bruce Reardon
mailto:bruce.reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au

Author: Reardon, Bruce (CALBBAY)
  INET: Bruce.Reardon_at_comalco.riotinto.com.au

to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Sep 25 2002 - 22:18:21 CDT