RE: Best Practice - Partitioned object, one partition per tablesp

From: DENNIS WILLIAMS <DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 11:38:32 -0800

Robert - That is how I've generally done it. If you are partitioning because the table is very large, then separate tablespaces gives you the flexibility to place these partitions on separate devices so you can get some parallel I/O going.

Dennis Williams
DBA
Lifetouch, Inc.
dwilliams_at_lifetouch.com

Author: Freeman, Robert
  INET: Robert_Freeman_at_csx.com

Author: DENNIS WILLIAMS
  INET: DWILLIAMS_at_LIFETOUCH.COM
To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Sep 25 2002 - 14:38:32 CDT