Re: Is the effect of modifying PCTFREE/PCTUSED immediate ?

From: Alan Davey <adavey_at_competitrack.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 08:23:26 -0800

Hemant,

If I understand your question correctly, trying using the alter table move command and specify new values for pctfree and pctused. This should affect existing blocks. Make sure to rebuild any indicies.

HTH,

--
Alan Davey
adavey_at_competitrack.com

-- Please see the official ORACLE-L FAQ: http://www.orafaq.com -- Author: Alan Davey INET: adavey_at_competitrack.com Fat City Network Services -- 858-538-5051 http://www.fatcity.com San Diego, California -- Mailing list and web hosting services --------------------------------------------------------------------- To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing).