Oracle InterMedia/Blob,Clob

From: Omar Khalid/IT/LotusCert/Pk <okhalid_at_lmkr.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 04:33:20 -0800

Hi Experts,

Oracle interMedia enables Oracle8i to manage image, audio, video in an integrated fashion with other enterprise information. This means that complex multimedia data can be stored, retrieved, and manipulated by Oracle8i in the same fashion as traditional relational data using data types ORDAudio, ORDImage and ORDVideo. Using JDeveloper i can quickly & easily build JSP applications using these data
types for storing , retrieving and manipulating image, audio and video files.

My questions is how can we achieve the same results with document formats which contain text like *.pdf , *.doc , *.ppt etc ??. I suspect we can use BLOB
or CLOB data types to store them but then how the be retrieved and manipulated
using web based applications developed using JDeveloper? Kindly recommend any
web links or share u'r experience in handling document formats which contain
text like *.pdf , *.doc , *.ppt stored in Blobs or Clobs and accessed using web applications.

TIA '_-_'_-_'_-_'_-_'_-_'_-_'_-_'_-_'_-_'
Omar Khalid
Software Engineer
LMK Resources
Voice: 111-101-101*780
Mobile: 0333-510-4465
Web: www.lmkr.com

Author: Omar Khalid/IT/LotusCert/Pk
  INET: okhalid_at_lmkr.com

To REMOVE yourself from this mailing list, send an E-Mail message to: ListGuru_at_fatcity.com (note EXACT spelling of 'ListGuru') and in the message BODY, include a line containing: UNSUB ORACLE-L (or the name of mailing list you want to be removed from). You may also send the HELP command for other information (like subscribing). Received on Wed Sep 25 2002 - 07:33:20 CDT