RE: DBA work load

From: Erik Williams <ewilliams_at_brownco.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 05:03:20 -0800

What is a "rebatable" SLA?

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, September 24, 2002 1:38 AM To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L

I'm in a 24x7 shop where I am the only DBA ... and I have lasted over 2 years!

I look after about 12 Oracle production databases - all of which have a 98% rebatable SLA attached to them. I also have 6 SQL Server databases with the same rebatable SLA.

Thankfully, our environment is stable (knock on wood). Whenever we run into a huge problem and there is too much work going on I have the option of getting a "loan" DBA from another part of the company. This has happened about 3 times - two times I was on holiday.