Re: shared_pool error

From: <Reginald.W.Bailey_at_jpmorgan.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 14:13:20 -0800

Greg:

If the error is coming from DBMS_OUTPUT, then it is probably PL/SQL related. Try increasing the LARGE_POOL_SIZE parameter in the init.ora file. I would suggest setting it to at least 2MB. By the way, what are the shared_pool_size and large_pool_size parameters set to now?

RWB "Greg Faktor" <FAKTORG_at_wyeth.com>@fatcity.com on 09/20/2002 03:59:21 PM

Please respond to ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com

Sent by: root_at_fatcity.com

To: Multiple recipients of list ORACLE-L <ORACLE-L_at_fatcity.com> cc:

Hi All!
We get ora-04031 on Oracle816 on Unix.
I'm aware that this is a bug about memory leak and we planing upgrade to Oracle 8173 to fix it.
In a mean time I increased the shared_pool and shared_pool_reserved_size , and also ping some packages in.
Now error sad that: enable to allocate 4096 bytes of shared memory ('shared pool","BEGIN DBMS_OUTPUT.ENABLE; END;".....

Oracle can't allocate memory for the object which is already in memory? Maybe I missing something.....???
Thanks.

Greg.

Author: Greg Faktor
  INET: FAKTORG_at_wyeth.com